Monday, December 05, 2005

Dragon Sculpture

Although I am a professional woodturner, I have slowly incorporated more and more woodcarving into each piece and finally decided to carve a snake as part of one of my sculptural forms called Guardian.

Despite the fact that not everyone likes snakes and I had actually managed to scare one or two people with the realism of the snake’s eyes, I still got a lot of positive feedback about the piece. People seemed to really like the fact that I had combined woodturning and woodcarving to produce something really different.

I hadn’t known anything about woodcarving when I had started carving the snake but after a lot of trial and error I was really satisfied with the results and encouraged to try something more challenging. My new idea for a sculptural piece incorporated a dragon about to take flight.

I will keep updating this category with pictures charting the progress of the dragon and what it looked like at each stage of the project.

1 comment:

Kuiken said...

First comment! Jeeeh.
I would love to see some pictures of the wood sculpture but the site is down. I will come back later..
Greeds Kuiken..Holland